Saturday, September 26, 2020

Growth Mindset

 Growth Mindset

“We found that students’ mindsets – how they perceive their abilities – played a key role in their motivation and achievement, and we found that if we changed students’ mindsets, we could boost their achievement. Students who believed their intelligence could be developed (growth mindset) outperformed those who believed their intelligence was fixed (fixed mindset).” – Carol Dweck, PhD



Difficult is not Impossible

"Fixed-Growth Mindsets "





 

This is a very interesting and teaching topic for me. I heard about Fixed-Growth Mindset before but didn’t get any chance to hear the professor Carol Dweck lecture.  I really agreed with the way how she is analyzing her researches, and sharing her opinion with public.

  

I found it very actual method to use in both Primary and High-Level Institutions. 


Talking about a Growth Mindset, first I tend to think :

  1. effort
  2. right strategy
  3. focus on main task
  4. persistence
  5. never give up
  6. try hard
  7. passion of curious


 

  

Attentively looking at the graphic of Fixed-Growth Mindset, I found myself as a Growth Mindset personality now, but in the past, I was fixed Mindset. Why?  

  

In my memories: 

 I remember when I was 9-11yrs  old I always fighting to get high score at  school, and made my parents proud of me, as for me it's more important to hear their praise than what I learned at school. And opposite, when I got lower score I was starting to hide my mistakes, to lie my parents, as I wanted to look smart at all time, and afraid of being unpraised, which was bringing - changes in behavior, sign of aggression and bulling other children. 


"It is very important to praise the child for his progress and effort, but not for intelligence." 


I like the method-” No Yet", and I’m going to use that in the future.

 


“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein

Source
"Strong is not the one who never falls-but the one who finds the strength to Stand Up!"
(quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 11

 Reading 11 This week's task is to design a user testing experience. And I chose H5P website to create Q&A. Answering the questions ...